You "GET" Me!

YOU “GET” ME!
A DEDICATION

It seems to me that I’ve been made
To create and share, be unafraid
But why do people see me strange
And always try to rearrange

The parts of me that are unique
Suspicious of my motives, freak
When all I wish to gain is for
My friends to see what I adore

That love and friendship IS my life
That I can be there through the strife
I want to reach the hearts of man
To help share peace the best I can

I always wondered why I seemed
So different from some lives I screamed
I only knew it seemed unfair
That being me made people stare

Then for so long I’d hide my face
So I could hide, and not embrace
The gifts that made me different hid
Was I ashamed of the life I lived?

As I reflect on that frightened child
Who felt so deep, and loved so wild
My life, I took it seriously
And hoped that others too could see

That though my thoughts were so intense
I still believed I had a sense
Of humor and much laughter made
I hid behind a broken shade

My light each day I hid grew dimmer
Until I feared my hope won’t shimmer
I frightened people with my depth
And after that I sat and wept

But now I know I’m who I should
Be ~ a heart that loves, not made of wood
And there are even people who
Can cherish me for what I do

Accepting that my depth’s a gift
That no one on the earth can shift
That even though I am intense
It’s all begun to make more sense

A shift has happened in my world
My ruffled feathers have unfurled
I felt the earth shake ~ then I see
That out there there’s a LEGACY!

~Vickie Skowronski
June 2009
Copyright 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart