WHY???

WHY????

Why do you forget when you look at my face
That inside there’s a heart and my soul has a place
That when you are done playing games with my mind
You say all the right words I think that are kind

If you were to find out about the person I hide
I’m trusting, and loving, and able inside
Do you know how it hurts when you look right through me?
As I look in your eyes, is it pain that you see?

I took that your interest in me was to heart
I felt we connected right from the start
But here I am feeling that you don’t really see
That my heart and my soul is the best part of me!

Sometimes when I see men look at me
It’s not my heart, soul, or mind they see
As hurt surrounds my weary heart
Perhaps this is a place to start

But never will my soul I share
Unless a heart can truly care
The pain has left some heavy scars
On me- the one who could touch the stars

My sheltered heart-preserve I will
From unkind hearts who make it still
I shut the door and lost the key
Will someone bring it back to me?

~ Vickie Skowronski
Copyright 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart