I SUDDENLY REALIZED

I Suddenly Realized

What matters in life is just to be true
To the person you are, and the things that you do
So today I ask simply ~ Lord, show me Your light
And I opened my heart to His word to take flight

Life presents challenges day after day
Some days will be better than others, but pray
For injustice and troubles so real in our life
Let’s all work together and surrender our strife

I learned long ago that the happiness craved
Has nothing to do with possessions I saved
That the love of the Savior, a promise I savor
I move onward to live a life He will favor

Do we look at our blessings, and wonder in fear
Or reach in our hearts to our Savior, so dear
Is comfort on earth the thing that we crave?
Or a promise from Jesus ~our souls He will save


I hear in His words, and I feel in my heart
That healing I know is a good place to start
I can’t be ashamed for what life brought my way
I just count my blessings, and worship each day

I know that as long as I follow His rule
And if even to man, I appear like a fool
I know in my heart that I stayed true to me
And I know that’s what Jesus expects me to be


~Vickie Skowronski
7 June 2009

Copyright 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart