I am half

What happens to people when they lose half of themselves
Do they realize that they cannot live with so much loss?
In 52 years I have never known such love
I lay here numb, wishing, praying, trying to be grateful to God for answering my wish of thirty years
You DID hear my prayers
And within one and a half years, you gave him a chance to love me back
and got to share memories that belong only to our hearts and our souls~together from now until eternity
In your arms....that is where I would choose~ your comforting arms that never let go
I know I learned about being real...I won't forget the shoulder that let me rest...that holds my secrets as sacred, as I hold your secrets in my heart....I will hold them gently, sweetly, privately
I saw what you hid so well all these years....I saw through into a loving soul
And I know you knew how deep my love went
You knew it never died- I could tell now that it was forever- for eternity...
there will never be time that I will spend without you
for love like this- it never ends- it just gets stronger until God gives us the ok....for our forever...
~V

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart

DAYBREAK