ELIZABETH'S GRANDPA

ELIZABETH’S GRANDPA

How can I describe him when she asks?
The kindness, the forgiveness
How he strived for togetherness
The overwhelming carefulness
He showed in each one of his tasks.

What can I tell her about his life?
The way he scrimped and saved
My piano playing that he raved
The passage for my life that he paved
How we always survived any strife.

Why do I want her to know about him?
The strength and integrity I believed
How humility and optimism were conceived
The abundance of love that I received
How his selfless manner never grew dim.



What can I tell her when she wants to know?
The reasons that he died
How I grieved and how I cried
The way I stood by his side
How I didn’t want him to go.

~Vickie Skowronski
Copyright 1995

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart