SPIRITUAL MATURITY

Spiritual Maturity

 I thank you, oh Lord for each breath that I take

 For lessons I learned when mistakes I did make

 I thank you for giving me the spirit to live

 And allowing me the honor of wanting to give

 This level of spirit to nurture you gave me

 To understand life and how humans forsake Thee

 I stand up for righteousness in all loads we bear

 I even desire people to follow through with care

 I am finding that people don’t follow the way

 I find that they don’t follow through in what they say

 I pray that they realize their actions impact

 And hope that with Jesus it isn’t an act

 To say you’re a follower of His Holy word

 But don’t follow through on the words that are heard

 Is Jesus not present in the life that you hurt

 Would you make an excuse to Him to alert

 That something came up, and the plans now have changed

 Do your words and your actions seem all rearranged?

 When you dishonor a brother, you dishonor our God

 You can fool your brother, but the Lord knows it’s odd

  When you promise another~to break down their wall

 Then you shove them aside~watch their dignity fall

 If you really thought through what your actions have done

 You’d see that you really just spit at His Son!

 I’ve heard all the excuses that are offered by man

 In mistakes we do make as in humans we stand 

And Jesus forgives us for all that goes wrong

 So I ask you-do you see that we are expected to be strong?

 My voice has been shut by betrayal from man

 I plan to move forward without any plan

 Because I can trust that in Jesus’ will I do live

 As for you, that’s between you and Him to sieve.

 Vickie Skowronski Copyright 22 Aug 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart