If I Ever Understood

IF I EVER UNDERSTOOD

As I close out my fiftieth year
So many things I used to fear
Have given way to joy, not sorrow
And promise of a new tomorrow
I’ve come to see that there are things
That being over fifty brings
Like memories made out of solid gold
That sooth my heart and can’t be sold
I know they say you can’t look back
To find the things you may have lacked
It’s when we set up limitations
That looking back can’t cause elations
Don’t ever look at the number you are
Unless you think you’re not a star
Those people who come from your past
Contribute to the YOU that lasts
Each person somehow left a mark
And sometimes even there’s a spark
Don’t wait to speak, don’t wait to share
Don’t wait to tell them that you care
My eyes have opened very wide
To what I missed and why I hide
I will not miss another day
To say the things I NEED to say!
Vickie Skowronski
~Copyright September 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart