A Missing Star

A Missing Star

 Where did I hide these memories so long

 I always put a mask that made me seem strong

 I know that the day that you made me your “friend”

 Those deep hidden memories just can’t seem to end

 I remember the eyes of a guy ocean blue

 But inside those eyes showed a soul broke in two

 The wit and the humor that covered the pain

 And when our eyes met, you need not explain

 I knew that your actions ~ a way to protect

 The painful reminders that none could detect

 But blessed by my challenges, I could beyond

 See something was haunting you ~ that we had a bond

 Why could I not figure this out way back then

 My guess ~ I was trapped in my own swallowing den

 I know had I not been so timid and shy

 I could have reached out and at least asked you why

 You lived in a shadow of loss and you turned

 To acceptance of trouble ~ but quickly you learned

 That you had the option to turn it around

 And soon you found hope and opportunities abound

 I can still see that sadness of your memories

 But now hear a zest that your life meant to be

 I am excited to hear when you’re ready to share

 The adventures that opened your heart ~cuz I care

 That the hurt that I saw when we were so young

 Has opened a window to let in the sun

 You were given two options in life ~ bad or good 

And as I always believed ~ it turned out like it should

 I thank you, my friend, that you shared you with me

 And hope you will share even more stories ~ see,

 I feel those memories of past times poured out

 Because I knew both of us wanted to shout

 “Please somebody see me for what I am worth”

 The greatest thing happened when we came to earth

 We had a strong will to see past any walls

 We proved to ourselves that we could have it all 

 That life offered us more than money & things

 That while we were troubled, our hearts still did sing

 For a better existence ~ a way to give back 

Our lives took us elsewhere, and then we lost track

 But even though so many years have gone past

 I still see a friendship that’s destined to last

 By sharing experiences you lived now with me

 You will open a door I was sure had no key

 As every day passes, and places you follow

 Remember our friendship will have a tomorrow 

As you open your life, I will open my door

 To listen to all that your life has in store

 Don’t ever forget that the words that you share

 Between you and me will not go anywhere

 But come out in passion for life that you live

 I want to inspire ~ and also to give

 There are no coincidences, only the way

 The gifts that God gives us with every day

 I feel that He sent me a gift to renew

 To the bond I remember I once had with you

 To inspire my soul, and inspire my mind 

And in sharing with you, I know I will find

 The goal that I dream of that soon will take flight

 Because of a friend that has turned on a light! ~Vickie Skowronski ~ 13 June 2009

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart