Fear Not, Little One

Fear Not, Little One

The time has come, my Little One
For you to venture out into
The world where you can touch the sun
To show that world the “real” you.

Let growing be your best defense
Each day you live and learn
For with each days experience
Show you many ways to turn

I know within my heart of hearts
That you have the wings to fly
But as a mother stops and starts
I do forget to let you try

Please don’t forget, my young one
The times I dried away your tears
And as I search this empty heart
And try to hide my fears

That you know longer need me
That my job on earth is through
The more I try to understand
My purpose ~ that was you!

With each moment, thinking back,
I recognize your need
To set you on life’s journey
And I know that you’ll succeed

I hope that you’ll remember
That I tried to do my best
And as life passes by me
It’s to this I can attest

I tried to be a mother
And a teacher, and a friend
But now I set you off to fly
Best wishes I do send

That you will see the goodness
In your heart and soul and mind
And forgive my imperfections
That I hoped you’d never find

You see my little baby bird
It is with hope and faith and love
That you will find your nature
It is sheltered from above

~Vickie Skowronski

Copyright 1 June 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYBREAK

Can It Change??

Oh, Gentle Heart