It's not About Me, Lord

I want to figure something out
I need to know what life’s about
I know I was created for a reason
Oh, tell me Lord, it this my season?


Can my smile brighten someone’s day?
If you’re lost, can I help you find your way?
Can I sit by you and dry your tears?
Will it help if I let you share your fears?

I spent my youth, and sometimes wondered
Why am I here? Had my parents blundered?
But now I clearly hear His calling
I’m here to catch you if you’re falling

My eyes have just been opened wide
There’s no more shame, I will not hide
I’m here to help the fragile heart
To work for You, I’m ready to start!

You blessed me, Lord, to feel compassion
For those who need your satisfaction
I’m here to let You lead me where
I can let another know You’re there

I thank you Lord for this, my blessing
I will honor your wishes to all those confessing
That they are searching for You to better their live
Even if times are tough and they’re full of anguish & strife

The perfection is in You, oh Lord
It’s your will that we will be restored
I pray for strength to reach the lost sheep
I will hear what you ask even while I’m asleep.

VickieSkowronski
November 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can It Change??

one day

Oh, Gentle Heart